VIDA INTEGRATED HEALTH
VIDA INTEGRATED HEALTH
What Is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative Medicine involves different treatment options that use the body’s own healing mechanisms to regenerate new tissues and cells to replace those that have been damaged or worn out.
At Vida, we understand that every person’s body is different and, therefore, each treatment plan must be made specific to your needs and goals. Our team of sports medicine specialists are here to treat a variety of injuries you might experience such as sprains, strains, fractures, and tears of the cartilage and muscles and use multiple forms of therapy to regenerate (regrow) tissue after you have experienced damage to a part of your musculoskeletal system.
These are various forms of injection therapy which include:
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): After a simple blood draw, your own blood is centrifuged to isolate your platelets – this is platelet-rich plasma. Then the PRP is injected under ultrasound guidance back into a joint, tendon, or muscle that stimulates growth of healthy cells and strengthening the injured area of the body.
- Prolotherapy: This is an injection of various “irritants” that stimulates the body’s healing process to strengthen and repair injured muscles, tendons, and joints. A common prolotherapy irritant to inject is dextrose, a sugar solution.
- Stem cells: Stems cells have potential to differentiate into cartilage, bone, tendon and muscle. This allows for targeted regeneration of tissue.
- Trigger point injections: A trigger point is a sensitive or tender area in the muscle or fascia. A way to relieve a trigger point is with a trigger point injection, which is an injection of local anesthetic such as lidocaine, plus a corticosteroid directly into the trigger point.
PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP TREATMENT) INJECTIONS
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment is a minimally invasive non-surgical treatment that promotes natural healing without surgery. PRP treatment uses injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets to accelerate the healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints. In this way, PRP injections use each individual patient’s own healing system to improve musculoskeletal problems.
PRP is performed in the clinic. Blood is drawn from the patient and concentrated platelets and growth factors are separated and then injected into the injured area using ultrasound guidance to ensure the PRP is placed into the injured tendon or joint.
What are the benefits?
- Initiates tissue repair by activating growth factors and adhesion proteins
- Promotes synthesis of new connective tissue
- Supports revascularization (improving blood flow)
TRIGGER POINT INJECTIONS
Trigger point injections are used to treat painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points, or knots of muscle that form when muscles do not relax. Many times, such knots can be felt under the skin. Trigger points may irritate the nerves around them and cause referred pain, or pain that is felt in another part of the body.
How does it work?
- temporary relaxation of tight muscle cord
- allows for improved perfusion
- causes lengthening of muscle fiber
- promotes removal of metabolic waste
- assists breaking of pain-tension cycle
Schedule Your Appointment
2021 (C) Vida Integrated Health. All Rights Reserved.